Have you ever logged onto an eCommerce website only to discover the store doesn’t ship to your country? You must have sighed, “Oh no, now I have to let go of this amazing product that has caught my eye!” But do you really have to let go? Absolutely not.
The truth is, many eCommerce stores do not deliver goods everywhere. You may therefore need to input a US address before you can make a purchase.
But how does the product get to you since you’re not in the US?
Through Package Forwarding!
What Is a Package Forwarding Service?
Parcel forwarding, or a package forwarding service, allows you to shop online from any eCommerce store in the US, get the product shipped to a US address, and then forwarded to you wherever you are around the globe.
Package forwarding is an excellent solution if you’re traveling or live overseas but still desire to shop online from your favorite US store. In summary, location becomes a dissolved obstacle because the package forwarding company will offer you a designated US address where your parcels will first be delivered to.
Package forwarding is also sometimes called a forwarding service or parcel forwarding.
How to Choose a Package Forwarding Service?
Having seen how package forwarding breaks the barrier of distance and location, you’d likely want to sign up with a forwarding company to start shopping on your favorite US stores. But there are several things to consider when choosing one, including their processes, terms and conditions, pricing, customer experience, reviews, and lots more.
To make your decision-making less of a headache, we’ve compiled and discussed the best five package forwarding services below. Read on.
Best package forwarding services
With that in mind, let’s dive into our list of the best parcel forwarding services.
Shipito is one of the best package forwarding services and offers you a new personal US shipping address. Their service is usually fast, and they offer deliveries to over 220 countries worldwide. Their website is also easy to use.
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Ships to over 220 countries (that’s a lot)
- Offers free storage for up to 180 days in their warehouse (this is more than the industry standard of 30 days)
- Offers free package consolidation and repackaging
- It’s expensive compared to its close competitors
- To ship more than one package, you’d have to pay $2/package or $10/month if you want to avoid US taxes.
- The lowest plan offers only 5 days of free storage
- Processing fee: $3 for a free account and $2 for the premium membership
- Assisted purchase: $8.50 fee + 4.3% processing + 8% commission
- Special requests are $7 for a free account and $5 for the premium membership
- Overweight packages attract $10.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USGoBuy is one of the most prominent package forwarding services and serves customers in over 200 countries. You register and get a US shipping address in seconds.
- Free package consolidation and repackaging
- 60-day free warehouse storage
- No monthly fees
- Tax-Free shipping
- Photos of packages cost $5 (this service is free for most competitors)
- Credit card transactions are charged in your local currency before being converted to USD, which means you pay extra fees for conversion
- Some customers have complained of slow response rate and below-average customer service
- Free membership/registration
- Personal-shopper cost $10 of the item value
- Product images: $5/package for 5 photos
- Return handling $10 plus postage fee
- Pick-up $1.5/lbs, minimum $10.
You can shop online at US and UK stores using Ship7 parcel forwarding service. That means you get either a US or UK shipping address on a registration, depending on your needs. The company has warehouses in West Drayton, UK, and New Jersey, and Delaware, USA
- Tax-free warehouse in Delaware, US
- Free membership
- 60-day free warehouse storage
- User-friendly website
- Free consolidation
- Offers mail handling and scanning
- Offers personal shopper
- Free shipping insurance up to $100 value
- Cannot edit item prices once entered
- You don’t get system notifications
- High cost of repackaging
- Customer service isn’t very great
- Additional photos: $2/each or $5 for 3 photos
- $5 or $2 Repacking fee (on demand)
- Express processing: $2/package
- White glove handling: $2/order
- Oversized packages $110
MyUS is also another excellent parcel forwarding company located in Sarasota, Florida. It offers US and UK shipping addresses, meaning you can also shop online on UK eCommerce stores. They provide the regular 30 days of free package storage and typically deliver your forwarded package within 2-4 days.
- Free 1 month membership and 20% off your first shipment
- Get either a US or UK shipping address, depending on proximity to your location.
- Free repackaging and consolidation. Discounted rates with DHL, FedEx, UPS, & USPS
- Tax-free shipping with a US address
- Has a mobile app
- The free 1-month plan offers no free storage
- A bit expensive, although less expensive than Shipito
- No edits allowed for customs label
- 1 lbs shipping cost $25.07
- 2 lbs shipping cost $27.67
- 4 lbs shipping cost $33.95
- Basic: No monthly charge
- Premium: $7/Month
- Business: $10/Month
Forward2Me is a package forwarding company in the UK. On registration, you get a UK shipping address and can shop online on UK websites and get your purchases shipped to your door worldwide. They are typically notable for their customer service and fast shipping time.
- No monthly or yearly fees
- No extra fees
- Fast and affordable shipping
- Free 30-day package storage regular (you may also call them for an extension)
- It doesn’t offer photos of packages
- Not as popular as its competitors
- You are charged based on package weight—no extra fees.
How Does Package Forwarding Work?
As the name implies, the company forwards your product to you after they receive it.
- You register with the package forwarding company and get a personal US or UK shipping address.
- You shop online and input your new US/UK shipping address.
- The eCommerce store sends the product to that address, and your forwarding company receives it.
- The company may store and repackage the product as the case may be and then ship it to your destination country. But, again, pricing varies with the forwarding service provider.
Difference between package forwarding and virtual mailbox service
Package forwarding is often used interchangeably with virtual mailbox service. However, a virtual mailbox service basically handles mails, which may or may not be forwarded. You can receive mails at a virtual mailbox even while you’re in transit. The service provider scans the mail to you so you can take action as required.
Anyway, packages are also often called mails. So don’t be surprised to see virtual mailbox service providers also offering package forwarding and vice versa.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources:
- Mail Forwarding Services for Expats and Travelers
- 10 Best Virtual Mailbox Services
- Canada Best Virtual Mailbox Services
- How to Get a Virtual Address for Your Business?
Now, you know the best package forwarding services to manage your online shopping packages.