Last update on September 14th, 2022 at 11:09 pm
Have you ever logged onto an eCommerce website only to discover the store doesn’t ship to your country? You must have sighed, “Oh no, now I have to let go of this amazing product that has caught my eye!” But do you really have to let go? Absolutely not.
The truth is many online stores do not deliver goods everywhere. You may therefore need to input a US mailing address before making a purchase.
But how does the product get to you since you’re not in the US?
Through Package Forwarding!
What is a package forwarding service?
Package forwarding, or a parcel forwarding service, allows you to shop online from any online store in the US, get the product shipped to a US address, and then forward it to you wherever you are around the globe.
Package forwarding is an excellent solution if you’re traveling or live overseas but still desire online shopping from your favorite US store. In summary, location becomes a dissolved obstacle because the parcel forwarding company will offer you a designated US mailing address to which your parcels will first be delivered.
Package forwarding is also sometimes called a forwarding service or parcel forwarding.
How to choose a package forwarding service?
Having seen how package forwarding breaks the barrier of distance and location, you’d likely want to sign up with a forwarding company to start shopping in your favorite online stores. But there are several things to consider when choosing one, including their processes, terms and conditions, pricing, customer experience, reviews, and lots more.
We’ve compiled and discussed the best parcel forwarding services below to make your decision-making less of a headache.
7 Best Parcel Forwarding Services for International Shopping
- Planet Express
Let’s dive into our list of the best parcel forwarding services.
Forward2Me is a package forwarding company in the UK. On registration, you get a UK mail forwarding address, buy online on UK websites, and get your purchases shipped to your door worldwide. They are typically notable for their customer service and fast shipping time.
- Membership is free, meaning you get a UK, Germany, Turkey, and Japan native address at no cost.
- Forward2me ships from the UK, Germany, Turkey, and Japan.
- No monthly or yearly fees
- Tax-free UK native address
- No extra fees
- Fast and affordable shipping
- Free 30-day package storage regular (you may also call them for an extension)
- It doesn’t offer photos of packages
- Not as popular as its competitors
- You are charged based on package weight—no extra fees.
Shipito is one of the best package forwarding services and offers you a new personal US forwarding address. Their service is usually fast and offers deliveries to over 220 countries worldwide. Their website is also easy to use.
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Ships to over 220 countries (that’s a lot)
- Offers free storage for up to 180 days in their warehouse (this is more than the industry standard of 30 days)
- Offers free package consolidation and repackaging
- It’s expensive compared to its close competitors
- To ship more than one package, you’d have to pay $2/package or $10/month if you want to avoid US taxes.
- The lowest plan offers only 5 days of free storage
- Processing fee: $3 for a free account and $2 for the premium membership
- Assisted purchase: $8.50 fee + 4.3% processing + 8% commission
- Special requests are $7 for a free account and $5 for the premium membership
- Overweight packages attract $10.
#3) Planet Express
Planet Express is one of the best parcel forwarding companies, loaded with features that excite any online customer.
First, this package forwarding company offers a package photo option, which enables you to see incoming parcels. The best part? This option comes with no charge!
In addition to the package photo option, Planet Express boasts a “shop for me” feature, which allows them to shop for you for a small fee ($5 service fee and 7% of the total cost for buying the items from the eCommerce store).
Stackry is an international parcel forwarder that helps online shoppers facilitate the shipment of products from the United States to any destination.
With Stackry, you have access to a free virtual address. The address is basically a warehouse located in New Hampshire and controlled or owned by the company. All you have to do is request that the online vendor send your parcels to the virtual address, which is a real address.
- Offers users free United States shipping address
- You don’t have to spend a dime on membership fees
- Excellent customer service
- It offers its users 45 days of free storage
- Offers product repackaging and consolidation options
- Assisted purchase
- Offers express delivery to many countries (over 200)
- Consolidation for $2 per box
- A+ Better Business Bureau rating
- Free 45-days package storage ( normal standard is 30 days)
- Offers international shipping and air freight services
- It doesn’t accept mail.
- The shipping calculator on its website doesn’t display accurate pricing
- It doesn’t offer photos of parcels
- No monthly fee
- Package receipt fee: Free
- Consolidation fees: $2 per box
- Storage: Free for 45 days. 8 cents per day for each pound after 45 days
- Repackaging: $5 a parcel
- Membership: Free
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, USGoBuy is one of the most prominent package forwarding services and serves customers in over 200 countries. You register and get a US address in seconds.
- Free package consolidation and repackaging
- 60-day free warehouse storage
- No monthly fees
- Tax-Free shipping
- Photos of packages cost $5 (this service is free for most competitors)
- Credit card transactions are charged in your local currency before being converted to USD, which means you pay extra fees for conversion
- Some customers have complained of a slow response rate and below-average customer service
- Free membership/registration
- Personal-shopper cost $10 of the item value
- Product images: $5/package for 5 photos
- Return handling $10 plus postage fee
- Pick-up $1.5/lbs, minimum $10.
You can shop online at US and UK online stores using Ship7 parcel forwarding service. That means you get either a US or UK address on a registration, depending on your needs. The company has warehouses in West Drayton, UK, New Jersey, and Delaware, USA.
- Tax-free warehouse in Delaware, US
- Free Membership
- 60-day free warehouse storage
- User-friendly website
- Free consolidation
- Offers mail handling and scanning
- Offers personal shopper
- Free shipping insurance up to $100 value
- Cannot edit item prices once entered
- You don’t get system notifications
- High cost of repackaging
- Customer service isn’t very great
- Additional photos: $2/each or $5 for 3 photos
- $5 or $2 Repacking fee (on demand)
- Express processing: $2/package
- White glove handling: $2/order
- Oversized packages $110
MyUS is also another excellent parcel forwarding company located in Sarasota, Florida. It offers US and UK shipping addresses, meaning you can also shop online in UK online stores. They provide the regular 30 days of free package storage and typically deliver your forwarded package within 2-4 days.
- Free 1 month membership and 20% off your first shipment
- Get either a US or UK address, depending on proximity to your location.
- Free repackaging and consolidation. Discounted rates with DHL, FedEx, UPS, & USPS
- Tax-free shipping with a US address
- It has a mobile app
- The free 1-month plan offers no free storage
- A bit expensive, although less expensive than Shipito
- No edits allowed for customs label
- 1 lbs shipping costs $25.07
- 2 lbs shipping cost $27.67
- 4 lbs shipping cost $33.95
- Basic: No monthly charge
- Premium: $7/Month
- Business: $10/Month
Most Frequently Asked Questions
How does parcel forwarding work?
As the name implies, the company forwards your product to you after receiving it.
- Register with the package forwarding company and get a personal address in the US or UK.
- You shop online and input your new US/UK shipping address.
- The online store sends the product to that address, and your mail forwarding company receives it.
- The company may store and repackage the product as the case may be and then ship it to your destination country. But, again, pricing varies with the mail forwarding service provider.
Difference between parcel forwarding and virtual mailbox service
Package forwarding is often used interchangeably with virtual mailbox service. However, a virtual mailbox service handles mail, which may or may not be forwarded. You can receive mail at a virtual mailbox while in transit. The service provider scans the mail to you to take action as required.
Anyway, packages are also often called mails. So don’t be surprised to see virtual mailbox service providers also offering package forwarding and vice versa.
Why would you use a parcel forwarding company?
- The direct reason for using forwarding services is that you shop in an online store that doesn’t provide shipping to your country.
- The forwarding service provider can receive the package in a supported location and reship it.
- Another case where parcel forwarding service proves helpful is when you are currently away from home and cannot personally receive mail.
- Mail forwarding is a viable solution if you do not want to use your personal address for receiving mail as a home-based business.
Is parcel forwarding safe?
Yes. Parcel forwarding is relatively safe and trustworthy. Therefore, choosing a service provider with high ratings and positive reviews from other customers or previous users would be best.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources:
- Forward2Me Review: Everything You Need to Know About It
- Mail Forwarding Services for Expats and Travelers
- Best Virtual Mailbox Services
- Canada Best Virtual Mailbox Services
- Best Japan Forwarding Services
So now, you know the best forwarding services to manage your online shopping packages.