If you shop online internationally, you may have desired a package forwarding service at some point. MyUS is one such service that enables you to purchase products from your favorite US and UK online stores and have them shipped to your door, no matter where you are.
There are many forwarding services available. So if you’re looking to use MyUS, it’s an excellent idea to look at the reviews, how the service works, how safe it is, shipping costs, and so many other things. This is to ensure you have peace of mind when using this service. Well, you’re in the right place!
This article brings you a well-detailed MyUS review, discussing all you need to know about the service, from how long it takes to ship to membership cancellation and everything in between.
So, let’s dive in!
What is MyUS forwarding service?
MyUS is one of the oldest and most reputable packages forwarding services in the United States. Since its founding in 1997, it has delivered over 27 million packages to customers worldwide, becoming one of the leading package forwarding services globally.
MyUS is headquartered in Sarasota, Florida, and offers various services that make it easy to shop from the US and ship internationally to over 220 other countries. They also claim to allow you to save up to 80% on shipping costs.
After signup, you’ll be given a sales-tax-free US or UK shipping address. You can use anyone based on where you’re shopping at. They also offer discounted shipping rates, thanks to their free package consolidation service and partnership with FedEx and DHL.
How long does it take MyUS to ship?
Once your order leaves the MyUS warehouse, you can expect to receive it within 1-12 business days, depending on your location and the shipping method you choose during checkout. Some customers have theirs delivered within 2-4 days after the package arrived at MyUS.
If you select “Manage in My Suite,” MyUS will send your item according to the shopping schedule you chose on the platform.
For the fastest delivery with MyUS, select FedEx Priority or DHL Express, which takes only 1-4 days. You can also request urgent handling if there’s a package you need urgently. However, additional fees will typically apply.
FedEx economy is typically slower, taking around 4-6 business days as it’s cheaper –best for packages that do not require urgent handling.
Just so you know, several factors will determine how long it takes to receive your order, such as the time it takes for it to first get to the MyUS warehouse. It will also take time for MyUS to process incoming packages before having them shipped out. That usually takes about 1-2 days, excluding Sundays and holidays.
Any delays before or after MyUS receives your package will affect how long it takes to ship it to you. Many MyUS agents are fast, but it’s just not all.
Notably, MyUS can help you save time by scanning your merchant invoice and entering all your prices. In addition, you can view an uploaded invoice for free in your invoice.
How much does MyUS cost?
MyUS offers two kinds of membership: free and paid membership.
The free membership (single package) comes with no membership fees, and you only pay shipping costs whenever you need a package shipped. However, the shipping fees tend to be higher than for paid membership.
MyUS Premium subscription costs $9.99 monthly or $60 annually after a 30-day free trial.
MyUS Business membership costs $10 monthly or $99 annually. You also enjoy a 10% discount on shipping rates when you spend at least $500 on shipping. This is best for online retailers.
Although free membership sounds good, a paid membership is more cost-effective when you ship multiple times monthly.
You can pay via a PayPal account, credit card, or debit card. The monthly fees are charged on your card until cancellation.
MyUS shipping rate
MyUS typically determine charges based on the dimensional weight of the package. For example, the shipping cost for 1 lb is $25.07; 2 lbs cost $27.67, and 4 lbs cost $33.95.
There’s a shipping calculator on the website you can use to estimate your costs. However, you may not know the overall value for your entire order because your local customs office may apply duties and taxes. MyUS will give you an idea of those fees, but the final cost of the package will only come up after it has been fully prepared for shipment.
The budget economy offers lower shipping costs but longer delivery times.
Please take a look at the MyUS website for more details.
How does MyUS work?
On signup (which is pretty easy), you’ll be given a sales-tax-free MyUS address. This address will be a physical US or UK address, which is the company’s warehouse location. Of course, they have several warehouses in the United States, allowing them to offer faster shipping times and excellent service. Once you’ve received your US address, you can start shopping online at any US or UK retailer. Provide your MyUS address at checkout.
So that you know, you’ll be notified via email once the item arrives at the MyUS facility. If you’ve purchased other items from other stores, MyUS will consolidate them into one package to help you save money.
MyUS will be able to show you several shipping methods; choose the one that works best for you. You can save more money by selecting MyUS premier package consolidation. On your MyUS account dashboard, you can view and manage everything concerning the order according to MyUS stipulations.
You can make shipping requests by clicking on “My Suite” and selecting the “Ready to Send” tab. Click “Add more packages” if what you want to ship isn’t yet included. Ensure you verify the address and packages before confirming the shipping request.
Is MyUS trustworthy?
MyUS has operated for about 25 years and has proven to be trustworthy. However, many unsatisfied customers have complained of terrible service, hidden charges, difficulty getting a response from customer service and being overly charged for various reasons. Some users have also commented on how MyUS debited them for what they (the user) didn’t initiate.
Is MyUS safe?
MyUS is one of the US’s largest and oldest forwarding companies and is pretty safe to use. They offer tax-free shipping and are known for using 256-bit SSL encryption, which is the same level of security used by banks. This makes all your financial and personal details safe with MyUS.
Is MyUS legit?
MyUS is a legit freight forwarder operating for over 20 years. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). For a company valued at $250-$750 million, that doesn’t come as a surprise.
How to cancel MyUS membership?
To cancel your MyUS membership, log into your account via the website and follow the steps: click on “My Account Settings” > membership > cancel account > select the reason > continue.
If you’re using the app, tap “MyUS Global Shipping App” and click Cancel Subscription.” Then, choose an option on why you desire to cancel your subscription and continue.
MyUS has a Trustpilot rating of 3.3 stars out of 7,548 reviews. This shows many customers are unsatisfied.
Below are customers’ reviews on MyUS:
- This service works if you really need something from the US and can’t get it in the UK. The packaging was good, and delivery was quick. –JenW
- Iv used their services many times and am very satisfied with the US suite. They don’t have complications like other companies that can hold your account or items. They also have live chat support, which is great. The only thing that needs to improve is their UK facility as they are a bit slow and do not offer the same things that are offered in the US suite, like photos, for example. A safe and great company is recommended. –Mahmoud Alghalini
- I have lost $367 because they mistakenly shipped my package to another address, and whenever I ask them about it, I get the same response Procrastination. I have the chat on WhatsApp. I ended up canceling my account with zero refund and responsibility. Folks, my only message is to Stay away from this gang of fraudsters And do not believe most of the fake positive reviews. -Anonymous
- Trisha helped me step by step to sort my pending parcel to get to my destination successfully😍 what a bunch of customer-oriented team you guys have at MyUS..com Very satisfied with your service as always 👍 –IM DP
- I understand the charges when it comes to heavier objects but I had a letter sent there by mistake and they charged me over $20 just to send it to me. This is ridiculous. USPS can send the same order to me for an incredibly cheaper and proper price. Never using again. Just send it to a friend in the state and have them send it here. -Jervis Maloto
- They are fraud. They ship your package with more expensive shipping service without your consent saying they can not hold your package and wait for your consent on shipping option and costs. REGRET!!!! REGRET!!!! REGRET!!!! -Steven
- Trisha is awesome. She took her time to explain the membership changes from my Premium to the Business Plan and sorted it out for me. MyUS has got one effective team member. –Asyraaf Foo
- I had an issue with the package delivery status. Fast response from the team. Credit to Matthew. Well done! -Lazaro M.
- Awful service. Many package delayed and quite slow to log packages / reship. They have been hacked recently which created a gigantic mess for a week. Worse, they take 0 responsibility on insurance even if you pay for it. I purchase a vintage vinyl record and they declined responsibility to cover damages on it as it is “original manufacturer package,” and they do not insure this. Basically, they will try finding any excuse not to cover any damage on your package. -Raphael VIGNES
- I am puzzled by the negative reviews. I have used this company for grey market goods since 2005. I have probably done 100+ shipments, and barring customs complications (not their fault), everything was quite smooth. –Barry Mann
- I found them pretty well, but I had a parcel arrive on 12 August. They acknowledged it was there on 22 August. They do not answer the phone. The chat line drops when you get near the front of the queue. It hasn’t appeared in my suite records, and no updates or contacts. I understand covid issues, but this is ridiculous. I know it’s there, but they have abandoned me. Crap service. -Colin T.
- Princess Allamae of customer service has not responded to my emails since 10 days ago. My package is still missing, and there is no record on their site. $35 was charged from my bank account when $25 was given as the invoice for shipping. Despite a shipment confirmation email on the 8th of March (before the hacking incident on their site), the tracking link they sent leads to a 404 error page. I paid for door-to-door shipping, yet they can’t even provide the basic service. -Verified purchase
Stackry Vs. MyUS
Based on different records and reviews, MyUS appears to be more popular than Stackry. However, Stackry scores 4.1/5 out of 5,113 reviews on Trustpilot, making it one of the best parcel forwarding companies around.
Here are some notable Stackry features
- No membership or monthly subscription fees
- Tax-free shipping
- Standard repacking at $5 per package
- Consolidation at $2 per package
- Free 45-day package storage (15 days more than the 30-day industry standard)
- Express shipping to over 200 countries worldwide
- Discounted shipping with major carriers: DHL, FedEx Intl, and USPS.
- Email notifications to keep you updated on your shipment until your arrival
- $4 for the first photo and $1 for each additional photo.
Is MyUS better than Shipito?
Shipito is one of the best and most popular forwarding services and offers you one address in the US and one in Europe. They ship internationally to 220 countries and offer you free storage for up to 180 days, three times more than that of MyUS (30 days). However, Shipito’s free plan offers only five days of free storage. Shipito scores 2.9/5 on TrustPilot.
MyUS vs. Fishisfast
Fishisfast has 4.0 stars out of 815 reviews on Trustpilot compared to MyUS’s 3.3, making it a seemingly better shipping company.
Is Planet Express better than MyUS?
According to many customer reviews, Planet Express seems to be a better alternative to MyUS. The company offers express processing for $3. They also offer a free plan, but it doesn’t include consolidation, meaning each package will hold only one consignment. This may lead to higher shipping fees for two packages or more. Furthermore, you must pay $5 to obtain a tax-free US address from Planet Express. Planet Express scores 3.9/5 on Trustpilot.
There are many bad reviews, but there are good ones as well, as with many popular online services. Nonetheless, comparing your options is always advisable; you may choose a different company if that works best for you. Indeed, there are multiple options when it comes to package forwarding.
We hope you enjoyed this article. If so, you might enjoy these resources: