Think of how your regular email services work; you receive your emails from anywhere in the world regardless of your location and can instantly take necessary actions. Virtual mailboxes are like cloud-based management services for physical mailboxes.
With a physical mailbox that you can manage online, you have the flexibility to receive and attend to your mails from anywhere in the world. Also, because virtual mailbox addresses will usually not be traceable to you, they offer you a reasonable degree of anonymity and security.
By the end of this article, you will have a better grasp of what virtual mails are and how they work, as well as information on the best virtual mailbox services in Canada.
What is a Virtual Mailbox?
In the simplest terms, a virtual mailbox is like a P.O. box, where you own a mailbox address with which you may receive physical items but where you do not have to physically visit your mailbox to act and take further actions on your mails.
To understand a virtual mailbox better, imagine it’s like an email address, but this time, an actual physical address where people may deliver things to you. If you wonder how it is different from the traditional mailbox services, then here’s the point.
Unlike traditional mail services, you will typically not need to visit any physical address to pick up a document, bill, check, or any other package you may have received. So now, let us demystify that process for you.
How Does a Virtual Mailbox work?
Owning a virtual mailbox precedes receiving packages with one. Virtual mailbox companies will typically allow you to reserve and maintain a virtual mailbox address for a monthly or yearly fee. This address will usually be an actual address that you may retain even when you travel or relocate.
In addition to mailbox addresses, the company provides you with a platform to monitor your mail packages and act where necessary.
When you receive mail via a virtual mailbox, say a letter or bill, your digital mailbox management scans the outside of the envelope containing information that allows you to identify the sender. They will typically do the same for bigger packages, such as a good you have ordered or a gift item someone has sent to you. You then choose what action to take on the mail, including scanning, forwarding, and shredding.
You can ask to have your documents scanned and sent to you by the virtual mailbox client. This particularly makes it possible to respond on time to emails that require urgent attention, even while you are away from home.
Another option is to ask the mail to be forwarded to another physical address when you receive them in person, say, your home. This will usually be the case for confidential documents and end-user items or goods. For example, suppose you hope to clean up your mailbox by eliminating documents you do not need anymore.
In that case, you can ask your mail client to dispose of such documents by shredding and destroying them.
While virtual mailbox companies generally offer a similar suite of services, it will not be surprising to find that there will be some level of variation in the quality of their services. For this reason, we have done the hard work by researching the virtual mailbox companies in Canada that offer the best services.
Best Virtual Mailbox Services in Canada
- Canadian Address
- PostScan Mail
- Anytime Mailbox
Several factors determine the quality of virtual mailbox services, the most important of which include location coverage, pricing, use of third-party partners, and the speed of delivery. Below are five of the best virtual mailbox service companies in Canada.
iPostal1 is one of the largest international virtual mailbox providers, with over 1000 real street addresses in the United States and internationally. They offer a wide range of virtual mail options, including mail scanning, forwarding virtual business addresses, virtual office service, and mail shredding.
iPostal1 offers Canadian virtual mail locations in 5 cities, including (Calgary, Cochrane, Oakville, Ottawa, Vancouver).
They are a very affordable virtual mail service, and their pricing starts from $9.99.
Pricing arrangement varies by location as listed below:
- Vancouver: $9.99 – Local Pickup: $1 for any number of letters, $1 Per Package, $3 Per Oversized Package.
- Ottawa: $39.99 – Local Pickup: $1 for any number of letters, $1 Per Package, $3 Per Oversized Package.
- Oakville: $39.99 – Local Pickup: $1 for any number of letters, $1 Per Package, $3 Per Oversized Package.
- Cochrane: $39.99 – Local Pickup: FREE for any number of letters, FREE Per Package, FREE Per Oversized Package.
- Calgary: $39.99 – Local Pickup: $1 for any number of letters, $1 Per Package, $3 Per Oversized Package.
- Virtual Office services are available.
- Free physical mail storage for 30 days
- Free physical package storage for 10 days
- Available check deposit service
- 2 free months with the yearly plan
- Prices vary by mailbox location
- Only 2 GB of mail cloud storage
Your Canadian Address is physically located in Montreal, Quebec. It offers some of the best virtual mail services for persons, businesses, and organizations within and outside Canada. Their virtual mailbox services allow people to reserve a Canadian street address and virtual mailboxes. Persons who live outside of Canada yet want to get goods delivered only to Canada may use YCA’s services by receiving the goods in a virtual mailbox and having the company ship them to their location of choice.
Canadian Address Pricing
Unlike most virtual mailbox companies, YCA does not charge a monthly subscription fee; instead, customers only have to pay a $20 one-time fee when they create an account. Subsequently, the company charges customers based on the actions they take on their mails. The following are the applicable forwarding fees:
- Package $10
- Letter $2
- Scanning $3 (First 3 pages)
- Fax $3 (First 3 pages)
The fees above are at flat rates, and there are no hidden or extra charges for being your virtual mailbox company.
The benefits that come with using YCA include :
- Forwards all kinds of legal and safe packages all over the world
- No monthly subscription fee
- Customers can change delivery addresses even after package delivery has taken off.
- Handle domestic Amazon returns
- Only accept PayPal payments.
- There is no provision for a sign-in page to monitor mailboxes. Communication is either by email or call.
PostScan Mail is a virtual mailbox services company headquartered in California and other locations, including Canada. It offers customers a wide range of virtual mailbox options and services, including virtual PO. Box, Digital Mailroom, Virtual Business Address, and Mail and Package Forwarding Services.
PostScan Mail offers 1 virtual address location in Ottawa, Canada.
PostScan Mail Pricing
The pricing plan and pricing options that PostScan Mail offers are listed below:
- Starter: $15 per month/ 30 mail items/ 5 scans/ 1 User or Recipient
- Standard: $20 per month/ 60 mail items/ 10 scans/ 2 Users or Recipients
- Premium: $30 per month/ unlimited mail items/ 20 scans/ 60 Users or Recipients
Additional fees apply to services that exceed the limits of each plan, such as extra mails, scans, and users.
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee
- Android and iOS Mobile Application
- Automated scanning of inbound mail
- Round-the-clock customers’ access to mail items
- Unlimited Cloud storage space
- The use of third-party partners such as the U.S. Postal Service may compromise the package and cause it to be mishandled.
- Junk mails add up to the account limit.
Anytime Mailbox is one of the world’s leading virtual mailbox companies, and it has hundreds of locations in the United States and other international locations, including five locations in Canada, specifically Alberta (3), British Columbia (2), Ontario (10), and Quebec (5).
Given that it uses real street addresses, customers can use it remotely to manage post mail and serve as a business address.
Anytime Mailbox Pricing
Pricing arrangement varies by location as listed below:
- Alberta: Pricing starts from C$17.99/month across Calgary and Cochrane
- British Columbia: Kelowna (starts from C$10.99) and Vancouver (starts from C$9.99)
- Ontario: Prices starts from between C$8.99 to C$20.00 across Acton, Brampton, Etobicoke, Hamilton, Mississauga, North York, Ottawa, Thornhill, Toronto (Dundas Street, Roehampton)
Brossard (C$20.00), Laval (C$20.00), Montreal – Queen Mary Road (C$20.00), Montreal – Rue Saint-Denis (C$24.99), Montreal – Rue Saint-Catherine (C$20.00)
- Virtual mail client mobile application
- Real street addresses
- Global Network
- Free and Unlimited cloud storage
- Accepts only credit card payment
eSnail is another premium virtual mailbox company that offers customers a Canadian address to receive and manage their emails from anywhere around the world. The company also offers customers secure, private, and permanent virtual P.O. Box addresses.
The pricing options that eSnail offers depend on whether the customer is located in Vancouver, Toronto, and Edmonton. A complete breakdown is provided below:
Basic ($25/month or $275/year), Personal ($30/month or $300/year), Family ($25/month or $$300/year), Business ($54.99/month or $500/year), Backpacker ($20/month or $200/year).
DowntownTO ($30/month or $300/year), Toronto Business Plan ($55/month or $600/year), Toronto Backpacker ($10/month or $110/year)
- Edmonton: Edmonton Personal ($30/month or $330/year), Edmonton Business Plan ($45/month or $495/year), Edmonton Corporate Plan ($65/month or $715/year)
All these plans also impose additional charges for extra mails or users on top of the stipulated maximum.
- Immediate cheque forwarding
- Full-color scanning
- Provision of an actual virtual P.O. Box
- Physical mail storage is limited to only three months
- Asides from the monthly subscription fee, a $1 fee applies for every mail received
So, there you have it. Five of the most reliable virtual mail services in Canada that you can use. While the information above is accurate when publishing this article, it is your responsibility to confirm that figures and facts have remained the same before deciding.